International Guest Speakers
- the Harrison Distinguished Chair of Excellence in Medical Education
- Professor of Medicine and Endocrinology, Associate Chief, Department of Medicine and Director of the Hypertension Research Center at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA.
- Board certified in internal medicine, with subspecialty in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism and certified as Hypertension Specialist by the American Society of Hypertension.
- He did his surgical residency, had his master and Doctorate degrees, and served as a lecturer before moving first to France to do a fellowship in digestive surgery then to Canada.
- He pursued further training in bariatric surgery at McGill University, where he did his MIS bariatric fellowship as well as his second masters.
- Currently, working at McGill University Health Center as acute care, trauma and bariatric surgeon. A recipient of many awards and the author of many publications.
||Nasser Al Juhani
- Consultant Endocrinologist & Chief of Internal Medicine at East Jeddah hospital, Jeddah, KSA
- Supervisor of Endocrine & Diabetes health care services, Jeddah region, Directorate of Jeddah region health affair, MOH, KSA.
- Secretary General, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist (AACE)-Gulf chapter
- Chief of Executive Committee of Saudi Society of Endocrinology & Metabolism (SSEM)-Jeddah branch, KSA
- Chief of Saudi Society of Endocrinology & Metabolism (SSEM) Jeddah Diabetes & Endocrine Club, Jeddah.
- Diabetologist & Head of Diabetes Center, Hai Aljamea Hospital.
- Chairman of Jeddah Diabetes Club.
- Chairmen of Jeddah Hypertension and Atherosclerosis Club.
- Head of CME Committee of Hai AlJamea Hospital, Jeddah, SA
- Professor & Head of Internal Medicine at Dr. TMA Pai Hospital, Udupi & MMMC, Manipal University, Manipal.
- An active clinician and medical teacher, he has been elected as the best clinical teacher by undergraduate medical students, three times in the recent past.
- He has MBBS from Mysore Medical College, and MD Medicine from Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner, Rajasthan University. Has worked in various institutions of Manipal University including Sikkim and Malaysia.
- Endocrinologist at Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Department of Endocrinology in Cleveland, OH, USA. He has been in his current position since 2008. He also serves as Quality Improvement Officer for the Endocrinology and Metabolism Institute at Cleveland Clinic and as an Adviser for the National Diabetes and Obesity Research Institute (NDORI) at Tradition, Mississippi, USA.
- Dr. Hamaty received his medical degree from Aleppo University, Aleppo Syria in 1987. Then he pursued residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Endocrinology (both) at Wayne State University, in Detroit, Michigan, USA; which were completed 1998. He subsequently pursed further education in Health Care Master of Business Administration (MBA) through University of St. Thomas, Minneapolis, Minnesota.